Thursday, October 20, 2005

Happy Children's Day!

Yesterday after school all the teachers stayed back and wrapped a special gift for the whole school, blew up balloons, decorated the hall area and did our play rehearsal for the children. I sprain my back while clearing some things in the storeroom and lifting some boxes. I felt terrible and I’m in pain… I cancelled my therapy session and stay in bed.

The children came to school all dressed up in their costumes from their concert 2 weeks ago. They danced for all the other classes that didn’t get to watch their performance on that day. There were also other performances like the Belly dancing done by a 10 year old girl, Indian culture show.... an Indian dance performed by our 2 teachers and 2 special guest musicians... they played the Sitar, Violin, Tabla and Madal it was cool!. Then I performed my play with 4 other teachers…. It’s called “Witch Number 5” I was the witch of cause… heheh. The children had a good laugh and they enjoyed the little play we put up for them, I had fun doing it too with my sprain back.. heheh .

As usual after the party the children were so interested to know what’s for lunch!. It was sausages and chips day… heheh their favorite!!! Plus they had ice-cream for dessert!! What a treat…heheh. Some of the parents were nice enough to sponsor some small party gifts, food, Drinks (Ribena) and cake for all the children. The children went home with their hands full of goodies and a “Happy Children’s day” present from the school.

It was a busy… busy day for all the teachers but it was worth it, at the end of the day the children felt appreciated and they went home happily with a big smile on their faces.

Happy children’s Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger darthvadai said...

Hope you back gets better gorgeous....

Witch number 5 ah... got recording ah... with you long hair and all give you one stick and a pointed had you fit right into the role hehehe

Hey how about halloween party

Friday, 21 October, 2005  
Blogger marie said...

yea should have a hallooween party

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home