Friday, September 23, 2005

Some people are just RUDE!!!

Last week I accompanied Azie to a slimming centre, she just wanted to enquire about the advertisement she saw in the news paper. I warn her that they might persuade her to enroll herself in their slimming treatment. They offered a free consultation and Azie was just curious and wanted to enquire some infomation.

The package was for RM1000, after their explanation Azie was tempted to take up the offer but they just kept on adding and adding everything, to me it only seems like they wanted her money because she seems like and easy target. I mean RM3,500 is a lot of money. The consultant kept on pushing her into signing up and in the end they manage to get her to sign up and got a RM 50 deposit and issued a receipt. Azie wanted to go ahead with it, I gave my opinion and advise her to think about it first. The next day Azie tells me that her mother does not approve of her going ahead with the treatment because it was too expensive and she should put her money to good use instead of spending all of it on this, she then decides not to go ahead with the treatments. As a friend I respected her decision and gave her some moral support that she can overcome her weight problem by eating the right food and exercising right. I even agreed to go on a diet with her so that we can track our progress and give each other support.

Yesterday Azie received a call from the slimming centre asking her to bank in the money a balance of RM 3,450. Anyway she wanted to tell them personally that she is not interested and wanted to collect the deposit back.

Today after work I took her to that place and we explained that she decided not to go for the treatment. They claim that the deposit is non refundable. I was a bit annoyed and told them that, that was a deposit and not a payment to the package by right they should refund her back the deposit. They refused and after making my point clear the staff said that she can purchase the product and they will deduct the RM50, what’s crazy is their products is worth over RM200. they also gave another suggestion to go for a trial treatment for RM150 which she has to add in another RM100.

Anyway Azie kind of decided to just let it be and burn the RM50 since they didn’t want to give it back. The staff called the consultant that spoke to Azie before, she tried to persuade Azie to go ahead with the treatment and pay the balance RM3,450. I talk to Azie and told her to just say “NO” if is she is not interested. The consultant then asked to pass the phone to me… I was like “ Why she want to talk to me for?” anyway I took the call and explain the situation. The consultant started firing at me and she was very rude. She accused me of making decisions for Azie, she told me to mind my own business and don’t interfere. I was stunned … I mean she has no right to talk to me that way, I got pissed off and slammed the phone. I told the colleague that her consultant is very rude and she has not right to say things like that. Why can’t they just accept Azie decision and stop forcing her to pay. I told them if this is how they do business then I have no choice but to complain about how badly we were treated. I asked for the name and contact number of he manager, they refused to give the information, they said “you have to look for it your self”.

I felt so annoyed and embarrassed. I mean is it wrong to change your mind on something and collecting the deposit? Even if the money is not refundable that’s fine as long as she could exchange it for something else, given that option is better then nothing. What I’m so pissed off is she was so rude and they keep forcing Azie to pay the full amount. I was so offended that I made a big issue out of it, I hope I didn’t embarrass Azie, I just feel that those people were not professional and they shouldn’t treat their customers like that, what a bad impression we got from that experience.

I was angry for a while, but not anymore. I don’t care about them.. I just care about my friend. We learn something today, “Don’t be conned by a good offer it’s all a scam and Don’t put a deposit unless it’s refundable”. Ehheh.

1 Comments:

Blogger darthvadai said...

gorgeous

Give me the number

I have domestic trade and industry minister up their ass they forget they ever existed i am serious

muuah

Saturday, 24 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home