Saturday, March 04, 2006

Match making relatives... Strikes back!

*smack smack smack* How mean of me to neglect my blog… tsk tsk tsk. Well actually I decided to take a break from it… partly being lazy, too busy, nothing to write about.. bla bla bla.. so and so lah!

If any one noticed my blog past 2 months I’ve been to emotional since I turned 28…hehe the pressure from people and relatives always asking me when am I going to get married?.. who am I seeing lately? Left and right I hear relatives say “oOo your sister is 33 years old and she already have 4 children and another 1 on the way.. when are you going to have some of your own?. Grrrr I mean is that all there is to life cant they think of something else to say??... every time we meet I hear the same thing… its annoying!

One thing about me is that I don’t want to think of tomorrow when I still have to deal with what’s going on now. Yes, the clock is ticking and somehow the days seem to be passing a bit too fast these days… it’s already March! I realize that I’m not getting any younger. There are so many things I want to do and experience but I’m just not that fortunate.

Who says I have don’t have children?? Hey I have 12 children ok!!! Although they don’t belong to me but my life is filled with challenges. Yes, I should be married but then I’m not… it’s not like I don’t want to… well actually I’m not sure if I really want to or not! hmmm I’ll decide when the time actually comes. Of coz I want children of my own and I want to give them the best life can offer. The thing is I’m too comfortable with my life now and I’m just not ready to give it all up and settle down and I’m certainly not financially stable to raise children of my own. I think if you are going to commit to someone and spend the rest of you life with the particular person… it better be with the right one! I simply don’t understand the concept of match making at all and I surely wouldn’t settle down with anyone I am not in love with. I think I’ve made my point clear to them… Well I hope my relatives get the picture.

Times have changed.. it’s not like 100 years ago when parents would marry their daughters off at the age of 15.. or 50 years ago when they would consider a 28 year old women is too old and a burden to their parents if she is not married… haiyaaa… it’s the new millennium lah!… give us a break lah!!

3 Comments:

Blogger darthvadai said...

Hey gorgeous, dun fret....macam macam ada....cum let me give u a hug..... you doing just fine

Saturday, 04 March, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

hehe... Yeah!

Saturday, 04 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

follow your heart, stay true to it....match making works in its own way for those who are open to it..when we introduce 2 opposite gender friends and hope they will click its match making in a way too...in todays world we give ourselves too many choices be it in choice of food, clothes, handphone, even a lifepartner..the simplicity of limited choice is non existance...as opposed to our parents time. stay true to your heart bow to love not pressure :) good luck

Sunday, 05 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home