Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentines Day!

While darthvadai writes about Valentines day being used as a opportunity to commercialize the whole issue of love. I think I’ll write about what it symbolizes to me, I think it means peace, love, respect and forgiveness. Why do I say that.. well I think we must all have peace in our hearts and minds to overcome difficulties in our relationships, to give our undying love and affection, respect for one another in terms of our feelings and opinions and last of all forgiveness… everyone makes mistakes that’s what makes us all human.. no one is perfect.

Every February 14th, people all over the world would exchange gifts between love ones all in the name of St. Valentine? Nah it’s become a custom that no matter what race you are the day itself is symbolic. Yes sure you can show your appreciation to your love one any other day but then not everybody remembers to do so. It’s nice to have a day specially for love.. Somehow everything seems so meaningful. It’s nice to receive flowers, candy, cards or gifts and give lost of cuddles and smooches. Nothing wrong with making someone you love happy. It may just be one day but they will remember it the whole year or even a lifetime.

My relationships have always started and ended before 14th February for some reason…heheh maybe it’s not meant to be. I have to admit I would like to know how it feels like to be showered with flowers and gifts from a love one, go out on a romantic dinner and feel special for a day.. hehe. It may seem like I’m living in a fairy tale.. hheheh well it’s all in my head. For someone who has never experienced what it’s like to actually celebrate Valentines day. I do understand that this day can bring lots of happiness and joy for those who celebrate it.

I remember my first Valentines day card that I received from Vadai and Chris 2 years ago when I first got to know them. It was very thoughtful of them I appreciate it so much and it made me very happy. . In fact I still have that card kept in a box with all the memorable things I received over the years… it’s my treasure!.

Anyway, for what it’s worth I would like to wish everyone Happy Valentines day! Muah!

4 Comments:

Blogger darthvadai said...

Huggies Gorgeous and a very happy valentine to you my dear... 1 big hug in the parcel ready.

Loved your blog and I wish that transcended thru all humanity....

The day we start doing things for the right reasons instead of the sake of doing it thats the day we turn the page.

Ask one self why we do why we do... XXXie you go girl...your on a roll

Monday, 13 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come Chris and Vadai nvr give me any Valentine card??? Kedekut!!!

Happy Valentine's Day, Marie Muahsssssssss!!! Muahsssssssss!!!

Tuesday, 14 February, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

thanks darthvadai and Ahmoi!

Tuesday, 14 February, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

aww thats so sweet cathy... thanks well if its god who is making me wait... then i guess its worth the wait..heheh ... think its about time he stop doing that!

Wednesday, 15 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home