Friday, February 10, 2006

Sickening!

Past few days I’ve been under the weather a bit!... had series of migraines since Monday, taken a few panadols and it helped get rid of the pain for a while… woke up Tuesday with even worst migraines and body aches… I knew for sure I was coming down with something… as soon as I got home I took more panadols and went straight to bed. When I woke up in the evening I felt my throat was dry and had no appetite to eat so I continued to sleep till the next morning.

At 3am I was shivering in cold sweat, my body was so warm, whole body was aching and my throat was swollen. I took 2 more panadols and just rested. My mother woke up at 6am and she asked me to call my Aunty and let her know that I was ill… knowing my aunty she will still insist I come to school… so I didn’t bother calling I just got ready and drove to work… luckily the jam wasn’t so bad that day… I felt as if I had no control over my body… I was so weak and couldn’t keep my eyes open. I was a bit careless on the road but luckily I got to school safely.

When I got there I just slept in my class for almost an hour, one of the teachers took my temperature and it was about 40 I think. I had the other teacher to help me with my students, a few times I had to excuse myself from the classroom because I felt like I was going to collapse. I slept for another hour, I seriously couldn’t take it anymore.. My aunty told me to go home early, so I drove straight to the clinic around 1pm.

The doctor said I was having a viral fever… the migraines, ear pain, sinus is cause by my throat infection and on top of all that I was also coming down with a slight flu and cough. I thought to myself “Shit!! What else could I get??” the doctor told me to monitor my fever and she gave me a day off to rest… and ask me to come back if the medication was not effective.

I seriously could not even swallow anything but I had no choice but to eat something before taking the medication so I took 1 slice of bread and drank 2 glasses of 100 plus with my medicine and slept for 5 hours, woke up… repeated the same thing and went to sleep for another 5 hours.. woke up at 3.30am with a fever and took another slice of bread with more 100 plus. I kept waking up every 5 to 6 hours just to take my medicine… I was concern about the fever the whole time and the bloody flem i was coughing out... it was scary.. worried my mother alot. When she got back in the evening and she made some soup with potatoes.. it helped alot, i felt so much better and gained some energy, took my medications again and I didn’t have a fever after that… I stayed up and watched a movie then went back to bed… couldn’t sleep the whole night because of the migraines… I took my medications again and shortly after that I fell asleep.

I was up at 4 am today and just lay there till it was time to get ready and go to work. I’m still not well but I manage to conduct my class as usual just a bit tired… my students were glad to see me… all the complains came in as usual and I had to deal with it one at a time…heheh. As promised I took them down stairs and had a picnic outside… the weather was nice today and it’s very refreshing. The children enjoyed themselves today and I felt much better with their company. One of the parents told me that their son said I was very sick with high fever and I didn’t come to school because I was at the beach having a picnic….heheh. The things children say… so funny.

I had to cancel my therapy sessions with Za this week… I don’t want her to catch what ever I’m having and I’m canceling my appointments at Phillip Wain too. I think a bit more rest will do me good.

Yay it’s Friday, actually I’m feeling much better now, finished all my medication… the fever is gone, body doesn’t ache as much, my migraine isn’t so bad but I still have it, sinus is cleared, the swelling in my throat has gone down a lot.. I had some solid food earlier… feeling very hungry now actually. I don’t want to see bread at least for a few days.. heheh.

As Doctor Rat ordered… Take Those Vitamin C soluble tablets!!! YES SIR!!

2 Comments:

Blogger darthvadai said...

get well soon girl....miss ya

Monday, 13 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for migrane take 'cafergot+panadine'- kiddy stuff for me - but for many knocks them out for a while-wake up with no headache at all.
try alternative theraphy lay down, breath , let your self go ..... 'visualize' all negativeness in your body flowing out.....works if you can meditate as well....better still get your squeeze to give you masssage with his strong hands on the nape/back of your neck down to your spin with some crushed lemongrass+heated massage oil..hmm puts you in romantic mood too :) good luck....love & big bear hugs to Oscar...:)

Monday, 13 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home