Sunday, July 10, 2005

My Relatives are Here!

My father’s sisters and brother in laws came to visit my mother and I today. They were suppose to see us on Thursday but since they were free, they thought it’s a good idea to come today so that they can rest on Thursday.. indeed it was a good idea because I’m working on Thursday. It’s always a pleasure to see them. My father brother Steven didn’t come he is a very busy man, but I’m sure I will see him soon.

Aunty Marge is the eldest of the 3 sisters, It’s been 2 years since I last saw her and Uncle George both of them are 78 years old and they look great, such a loving couple. They lived in Australia for so long, I never even met their children and don’t even know how they look like… I heard so much about them though. Anyway Uncle George and I exchanged email addresses he said he will send me loads of dirty jokes.. heheh and he promise to send me pictures and even to get my cousins to write to me *yay!* which I think is really great.

Aunty Pat and Uncle Kamala live in their HUGE house in Damansara Heights, both of them celebrated their 76th birthday recently. These 2 are so buzy, always attending lunch dates and dinner functions.. so hard to see them. Aunty Pat will always say “Don’t worry we will come and see You!” heheh and they always make time to come and see us at least twice a year. Their only daughter Deenise couldn’t make it, I haven’t seen her in a while also.

My wonderful godmother or better known as Aunty Peggy.. heheh that’s what I always call her anyway. Her husband suffered from Parkinson's disease and passed away last year. Aunty Peggy is 70 years old now and living in Australia with her 3 sons Glenn, Mel and Nigel. Glenn is married and has 2 son’s, Mel and Nigel both bachelors. I miss Uncle Ger he was a nice man and reminds me a lot of my father *may god bless both of them*. They were very close friends. I can never forget him he looks exactly like Santa clause 6ft tall, grey hair, white beard, big belly hahaha he always plays pranks on us.. heheh so funny. My brothers, my sister and I really thought he was Santa!

All of us sat in the hall and had long conversations about what’s going on with our families. They are very proud of what I do for a living and they encourage me to keep up the good work. I’m glad everybody is in good health. I really respect these people and I’m proud to call them Family. Even though my father is their adopted brother, they still treat us as part of their family. They have given us so much, been there for us through our most difficult moments in life, supported and they have never abandoned us. They are so rich with love and family values and I’m happy my parent’s has raised us that way too.

They only stayed for 2 hours I wish they could have stayed longer but they had other appointments today. Uncle George, Aunty Marge and Aunty Peggy will be going back to Australia on the 18th,. We wished each other farewell and exchanged blessings and hope to see each other again soon. My mind and heart is somewhere else right now, I’m so happy they came today, it really made my day.

Until my next entry … Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home