Saturday, July 09, 2005

My little Obsession

As I was growing up, I’d always find something to do. Somehow I will get so obsessed with it and there is nothing else that I rather to do then that particular thing..

For example friendship bands, I watched my sister make one when I was 8 years old and she thought me how to make it myself, I’m a fast learner and soon I made better ones then her. I was practically manufacturing it.. heheheh I made so much of it that I gave it away to my friends as gifts. I found many use of it later on and got creative. I made different patterns and then added other materials too like beads., I could make bookmarks, wrist bands, anklets, chokers, hair bands and even key chain’s. I never grew out of this obsession.. I still make them when I have nothing better to do.

Then there were news paper cuttings, anything and everything I found interesting in the newspaper I would cut them up and paste it in a book. I use to mess up the whole house with all the newspaper. By the time I grew out of this little obsession I had 10 big books filled with news paper cuttings. My dad encouraged me to continue because I picked up a good habit of reading. Most of my collections were about real people, comics, historical moments, nature and animals, lyrics, natural disasters and famous people and their lifestyles.

As a teenager I enjoyed reading magazines and I was crazy for the Posters and interior decorating ..heheheh. I had this blue sofa bed and I transformed my room into a very cozy living room. I spend most of my time sticking posters all over the room. My parents were very supporting my dad especially he would compliment me on my creative decorating… it had a different look everyday heheh. My friends would come over and use my room as a photo studio.. hehehe we would dress up and take pictures. Soon I ran out of space and walls to stick my posters, I even went to an extreme level where I started stick some on their room too.

My brothers were big fans of rock bands and they use to buy all these GNR, Metallica, Megadeth T-shirts. I use to admire the drawings then I started sight drawing and painting, it turned out so nice I made a whole collection of it. I remember how proud my parents were because of my talent, I still have all the drawings.. it may scare some people heheh most of the drawings have a lot of skulls in it.. heheh.

I bought a lot of rock bands albums just to draw the cover. While drawing I would listen to the cassette and there I was mesmerized with the guitars. Wow! I just wished I could play like those guys. I talked a lot about learning how to play the guitar. On my 15th birthday my mother asked my brothers friend to buy me a guitar and a book for beginners. I was so happy to receive it I put all my drawings aside :o) everyday… night and day I would practice playing it, after 3 days I learned how to read the cords and I could actually play a song from that book. It was pretty amazing. Shammah and Victor came over one time and brought their guitars and we will start jamming.. it was cool. Our study groups with all my evil people.. which also involved alot of guitar playing... instead of actually studying... why we even bother calling it a study group no one knows... I saved money and ended up buying 2 more guitars. This obsession lasted a few years I then decided I wanted to pursue my career in music and that lead me to Daryl and Ryan..

During my working days in RSM, I was pretty good at tying ribbons I could make hundreds of them during the week when ever I was free. I was also obsessed with my work. During my second year I made a lot of changes in the stock transactions and it solved a lot of variances and it soon lead me to my Promotion.. hahaha it was a tough job that nobody else wanted to do. I love multitasking I find it so challenging, I joined the union and I was the youngest member to hold the secretary post for the national union. I was so involved in both my work and the union I suffered from work stress. Five days a week I would come to work at 7.30am and leave at 11pm. I finally had enough of it after 6 years and decided to leave.

Then I had an obsession of making origami boxes.. hehhhe I must blame Azie for that!! She bought 1 and gave it to me… now I have hundreds of them and I don’t know what to do with it. No forgetting my other obsession of cutting colour paper it helps me to relax my mind, thank goodness I actually have use for it in my art work with the children otherwise I would have so much of it at home.

But my current and most loved obsession is chatting… heheh IRC I can’t live a day without thinking of coming online and having a chat with my friends. It’s so convenient because I can come on at anytime and at the same time.. I can do so may other things too…hehhe. I love to chat whether its online or with friends... it's something I love to do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Marie.. now u're really make me wanna idoliz u!!! YOU ARE SO COOL!! YOU ROCK! YOU RULE BEBEH! Keep it up! ^^ admire your talents alot too!! ^^

miu-miu

Saturday, 09 July, 2005  
Blogger marie said...

awww thank you so much for ur comments.I'm honoured!

Sunday, 10 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home