Monday, June 27, 2005

Can YOU cook??????

That’s one of the many questions people would ask if they have any interest knowing you at all. I’ve been asked this question so many times. My mom is well known for her cooking.. each time I have any dinner functions, she will cook at least 7 types of Portuguese dishes. Some of my friends and relatives will always ask me which dish I cooked... usually I’ll point to the salad! Then they give me that look and say “ that's all?? can you cook?” and I’d say “Errr yeah of cause I can…” *sigh* yea rite!!! I can cook rice and fry an egg... I make a killer rice and fried egg with kicap!!! duh!!

Each time my mother cooks, all I do is cut the vegetables :o/ . As long as there isn’t any creepy crawlies found in the vegetables of cause, if there is…. I’d just leave it and run away… *geli la!!!* My mother doesn’t like it when I go into the kitchen if she’s cooking because I do things half way. She wants to teach me but I still haven’t found the interest to learn, eventually I will but not at the moment. It’s not like I can’t cook at all… I can but very limited dishes.. mostly western food, no curry, sambal or gravy stuff… I’m quite good at making western dishes though… I find it easy because it’s not too messy, no hot oil flying here and there… I can’t stand the hot oil flying all over my hands. *ouch!!*

You know what all the “Orang dulu dulu” will say…. “If you don’t learn how to cook.. how u going to fill your husbands stomach?”, “Must learn how to cook… if not your husband lari ooOo” hmm… *raise an eyebrow* ok great now I have to learn how to cook to please my future husband… or *smiles sheepishly* I can just marry a chef and he can cook for me…muhahhaha or marry a guy who can cook... see! simple solution to my problem... plus I find a guy who can actually cook Impressive!

Before my sister got married she didn’t know how to cook at all except for frying an egg!. I remember the first few times she cooked for her husband…hahhah the look on his face was so funny, there was definitely something wrong with it but he told her “Emmm so nice” then he looked at me and whispered softly “If I say not nice .. I wont get to eat anymore!!” hahah so sweet he lied just to please her, but my sister heard every word.. she just laughed. After that my sister learn how to cook from my mother, she use to call everyday from Malacca to ask for recipes and when ever she comes to visit us in KL she would always be in the kitchen with my mom. Now, *after 14 years married to the same guy…hahahh*, she can cook all the Portuguese dishes my mom thought her and some taste better even!!!...

When I’m ready I will take on my mother’s cooking skills. But for now, I’m just going to enjoy eating the food that’s on the table…. Hmm so anyone want to try my cooking?? Heheh I promise you wont get food poisoning, just don’t ask me to cook any local food.. that’s all!

The menu is :~
Home made mushroom cream soup
Sheppard pie
Toss Salad
Pasta Supreme
Roast chicken
Ice cream with kiwi sauce

Muahahhahahahah … I will do all that one day… just not sure when!! Until my next entry… Adios!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger PK said...

Wahhh!!! ur menu looks good, tul ke tau masak tu?? hehe! OK BRING IT ON!!!! Not keen on cooking Western food, more of a stir-fry cook. haha!
We shud haf a LSC gathering hor... me, u.... who else haaa.... hehe!
aiyoh,salivating liao....lau nuah!!! wah! beh tahan... lunch la....cheers!!!

Tuesday, 28 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home