Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Old Skool!!!

I decided to write about some of my Funny, Sweet, Worst and Embarrassing moments throughout the years in school. I’m greatful that my family and friends manage to put up with me over the years. Everybody knows about my crying habit in school. Yes, I was a problem child!. Eheheh I never when to kindergarten that explains alot why I cried ok...

Unlike most children I never went to kindergarten because at that time I was living in Johor Labis and the kindergarten schools was to far away from where I lived. When my whole family moved to Malacca, only then I started my first years of education, Primary 1 in Secret Heart Convent.

That morning on my first day of school I wore my new blue and white uniform, new shoes, new bag, new water tumbler and loads of new books in my bag… I was all set to go. I didn’t know what was going on at first. My brother's and sister told me that there were loads of cool things to do in school. I was kind of excited seeing that everyone else was going too. When I got there, I was a bit nervous because there were so many children and I was worried because my mother said that my sister will be in another class *standard 6* and that she has to go home once I get into my class. After the assembly my mother sent me to my new classroom it was big and there were 40 students in it. I panic and started to cry and ran to her. She manage to calm me down and since it was my first day she stayed with me through out the day. The next day my mum accompanied me again I cried when she tried to leave and I was hysterical when the teacher tried to close the door. I continued to cry everyday and for 6 months my mom had to come to school with me! Of cause, she tried to sneak off and run away. But with my quick reflexes and speed I always manage to grab hold of her and drag her back.

My crying made me very popular among all my relatives “Aunties and Uncles” started giving me lectures to stop crying in school. Some of the teachers teased me and it made me even more uncomfortable except for one teacher…Puan Azizah. She was my class teacher and she tried her best to make me like her and eventually I did. I finally the Milo truck came with all the goodies... we had loads of free stuff only then did I let my mother go home and after that she made me go on the bus to school with my sister. I cried because I wanted her to come with me but she said she cant get on the bus with me.. the driver wouldn’t let her because she is not a student!...hmm I didn’t realize I was being con that day. I stoped crying when I got to school... my teacher was so happy I didnt cry, she even gave me a hug and said "Good Girl dont cry today" yea sure I wont!!!

Anyway, I went with my sister and she assured me if I needed anything I could come and see her… guess what I did? Yup I kept on sneaking out of class and running off to see her… it became a daily routine the teacher would excuse her so that she can drag me back to my classroom. Poor Debra she was so nice to me, she just tolerated my nonsense and had to explain my absence to my teacher. I remember one time my teacher told her “tomorrow I’m going to put glue on her chair if she disappears again!!”. My sister just smiled and made me sit still.

As the days went by I depended less on Debra. I would only run off to see her at least twice a day just before our break time before going home :o) I would stand outside her classroom and wait for her to finish. The following year I had to go to school by myself because my sister was no longer in the same school. I was in standard 2.. by then I was ok already, never cried to school anymore and I manage to make some new friends. I was a lot happier to get up in the morning and go to school, then 1 day the nuns did a spot check on the whole school, they checked all our heads. Half the school had new tenants in their hair including me… LICE!! I was sent home and my mom cut all my hair off.. it made me so angry I hid inside the cupboard.. that’s where I usually stay when I get upset at least until my father gets back home from work and noticed I’m missing. I complained “ I looked like a boy!! And I will be the only boy in a girls school!!!” I didn’t want to go back to school because I was so embarrass. I made a lot of fuss waking up the next day but that didn’t stop my mother from dragging me out of bed and to my surprise all my other friends looked like boys too ..hehhehe at least I’m not the only one.

When I was 10 years old I was placed in a coed school. It was so different from the convent girls school. To be honest I never liked the new school, the amount of pressure, negative attitude and racism of the teachers really disappoints me until today. I had a really bad experience. Each time when they had a bad day they would take it out on us. Sad to say some things still never change! Anyway, I made new friends there and became really close, Uma, Lynnette, *the twins*Soo Lai and Soo Mei “The girl group” and together we fought the evil boys away. They were so rough we had just about enough of them pulling our hair, they were noisy, annoying and dirty… it was against our code and our mission was to wipe them out…heheh.

However secondary school was soOoo much better… I had loads of fun with my friends and fellow classmates. I enjoyed coming to school because of their company. At the age of 13 years old, boys were not as bad as they seem. There I met new friends “The Evil Boys” Shammah, Kevin, Desmon, and Teng, then came Diana and Chu Lin. We use to fool around in class a lot, it drove our English teacher up the wall. I had chalks thrown at me on a daily basis... She used to ignore us all the time, we joked about everything she did and it pissed her off and we laughed even more, but I never failed her class. She knows we are clowns but good students but she still hated us!! who cares....

Somehow we manage to stay in the same class since from 1 up to from 5, and for 5 years the idiots *referring to the boys* kept on copying Lynette's math homework.. I'm guilty as well... I mean... we all suck at math!. Every study group that I organize.. they would end up not studying at all. We were simply hopeless... really Tak boleh pakai!!! I was voted the class leader for 3 years.. why I still have no idea.. it's not like I did anything. Shammah declared me as The Satanist??? Because all the evil pranks were planned by me Hahahah. It was so funny.. we had a good laugh. I then named all my Evil people.. if I remember correctly they had ranks too... hahahh... Best part was people actually believed that we were in some kind of cult!!! Jezzzz there were nothing satanic at all... it was just Astrology and Palmistry that I was interested in!!!

Before we all left school we were one of the most popular students that year in our own heads I think...

Most of the Chinese girls *names shall not be mentioned here* told me how much they liked Kevin. I guess they were only friends with me to get to him...like I even cared... I wasn't that interested. Yea I was gathering information for them... hahah in other words I'm just a snitch... sorry Kevin! forgive me and I hope you never read this... I did it for your own good!! Girls like you.. just be happy about it!!!… back in our school days a few girls were after Kevin, who could resist the only mix white boy with brown hair and pouty lips?. hahahh somebody shoot me for saying that!!! He so shy he still running away from them. Girls are EVIL!!! That’s his motto.

All the guys feared me because Shammah told them that I am the EVIL SATANIST!!!.. Anyway, Shammah the bad boy and outlaw wanted on all the discipline teachers list STILL I'm sure.... emm yea.. Anyway, I know him well enough to say that he isn't as bad as what all the teachers may say...in fact he is worst!!heheh! but believe me he will succeed among all of us that I know for sure... his choosen name was "Lucifer" not because he is like Satan or anything.. but it has a more significant meaning, underneeth that trouble teen I see a much more softer side.

Diana, who slept through the whole SPM examination.. wait wait a minute... she slept throughout the school year.. WTF am I talking about!!! . That girl is crazy!!! What ever that goes on I have to report to her when she wakes up... half the time she has no idea what is going on... I'm not even sure she realise she was in school!!!

Let's see who else.... Chooi Lin she was always known as "The Rich Girl" cute and shy..... Lynnette "EvilOne or Eviline" she’s so tall .. I wish I was tall like her...heheh she got the height of a super model but very the shy, sweet and innocent with a slightly twisted evilness. The cute and timid twins Soo Mei got married and Soo Lai still single. Uma, well known for her stalking of Adam Malik one of the senior class guys… hahha. She still working for Hong Leong Bank I think!. Desmond boy genius and mastermind IT professional... who still hasn't come and look at my computer... fix it god dammit!!.... Teng or better known as “Serpent De Immoral” been abducted by aliens *still missing since the day we left school*

Argh!!! I miss them so much!!! I really wish I could go back in time and spend my days in form 5 with them. it was the only place where I could put my worries and troubles aside and the only place I felt safe even with all the brooms, dusbins, chairs and sometimes table flying all over the place .. oh not to mention things blowing up.... I still felt save with my friends. If there is a god... take me back to that time... I swear I'll believe in you!! .... *closes her eyes and prays... hmmm waits for a while* hmmm... nothings happening... screw you invinsible man in the sky!!! argh!!!!


Je vous aime.... muahhhhhhhh!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hye marie! again, it's fun reading ur blog ^^
Haha, and it makes me think, since u never study in kindergarten, so God gives u a chance now to experience and enjoy being in the kindergarten life? hehe cheers! ^^

miu-miu

Saturday, 09 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home