Sunday, June 26, 2005

My best Buddy!!!

I feel that being a good friend, we have to carry a big responsibility. I know my friends are there because they choose to be there not because they are forced to. It's not like I have a knife to their throats *hides the dagger* .

I wouldn’t want to burden my friends with any of my problems but sometimes it makes a lot of difference to share what we feel inside and just let it out. Even when we don’t show our true emotions, a real friend could sense something’s not right and ask you “What’s wrong?” It wont kill you to talk about it.. it helps!. There are friends who are willing to listen, they may not be able to solve all our problems but it certainly makes us feel a bit better knowing that there is someone out there that understand what we are going through. It eases our pain and lightens the burden we carry. There are times when our friends may not be there for us but that doesn’t mean that they don’t care about us. What makes a really good friendship is understanding each other. I would definitely trust my life with my best friend I don’t expect her to do the same for me… but deep down I know she does.

I use to be the type of person who likes to be miserable, carry the weight on my shoulders, worry bout my problems all the time, prefer to be lonely and separate myself from society and people that showed a lot of signs that they sincerely cared about me. I would just put on my everyday smile, my happy go lucky act and pretend that I have no worries at all… most people who don’t know me usually fall for it. I guess it’s because I don’t want people to feel sorry or feel pity for me. I didn’t feel that it was ok to talk about my personal life with people I’m close with. I wasn’t confident enough to open up and actually talk about it.

I learn from Azie how to be more open-minded about how I think and feel. I’ve known her for 7 years but we became close friends for 5 years now… she is totally the opposite of me… I remember the first few months hanging out with her.. my goodness she would just pour out everything… yes I mean EVERYTHING even about her sex life… hahahah I was shocked!! and even more shocked… especially when it’s my turn to tell!!! heheh. I normally have answer for everything but with her, half the time I’m speechless…. She manage to crack the shell that I was in, eventually I did tell her my life story in the end. I gain her trust and she gained mine. We are 2 different people, can you imagine…we never agree on anything ... how can 2 people who have nothing in common get a long with each other so well? I still can’t figure that one out… *blur*

Take shopping for example.. hhehehe she’d show me a girly looking shoe and say “ awwwww look so sweet” and I’d roll my eyes and say “ ewww.. so gedik”. Then I‘d show her a sexy looking pair of boots and she’ll rolls her eyes and say “whateverrrrr” *giggles* so funny. We can never agree with our own taste but always compromise and end up buying something in between that suits both our taste. I like black and she likes white. She loves chocolates and I don’t fancy them much, I have patience she doesn’t, I'm very calm.. she is hot tempered... I’m the slow driver and she is the F1 racer Azie Shumaker, the list of differences goes on and on non stop. *giggles*

We do enjoy our simple lifestyle lepaking at the mamak updating the status on what’s going on in our lives and work. Azie is very direct, aggressive and prefers not letting people get away with things so easily, I’m very optimistic, I prefer to make things simple for myself and others. Sometimes we can’t really agree on the advise that was given.. our point of view is never the same, in away it’s good because you see the real picture…it’s like getting a smack at the back of your head. “Don’t think in the box.. burn the damm box!!! What u doing thinking in a box for… you crazy???”…lol..

Every year Azie never forgets my birthday, she is always the first one to wish me and as usual every year I forget hers…. :o/ . She celebrated her 27th birthday on Sunday 19th June. I called her on Sunday asking if she is coming over my house or not but didn’t realize it’s her birthday. She called me on Monday and said “Thank You for wishing me Happy Birthday” I was stun “Ooh shit!! Happy Birthday!!! When was it???” heheheh she knew I’d forgotten her birthday just like ever other year… I’m so predictable. I keep getting confused for some reason …9 and 19… June and July…. I don’t know why… hmmmm. I hutang Azie dinner at Friends restaurant and a birthday gift *remembers to buy something Gedik… ewww not my taste* Anyway HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY!!!! *sings for Ozy Kozy* “Happy birthday to you, you were born in the zoo, with the lions and monkeys and you look like one too” hahaha

I realize that it’s important to tell our close friends how important they are in our lives. It may seem weird to say “You know I care about you right?”… he/she might not react to well and end up saying “You ok or not?” or “err ok!” or “Why all the sudden so emosh??” or “You Crazy??” hahaahah...but it's ok... at least I can say it and it will not have a double meaning ok.... I've even told Jason once "If I didnt love you I wouldn't care about you" and I meant that as a friend and he was cool about it.. which was great... coz he was one of my closes friends when we were working at RSM.

Not forgeting all my other friends that’s been by my side for so many years like Tom, Mike,Cleo, Chris, Nesan, Angie… You guys are simply wonderful… Love you guys! Muahhhhhhh….

3 Comments:

Blogger PK said...

It's like a reminder each time I log on in here, u've written two good pieces on friendships and I haven't, boo hoo! heh!
Anyways, yeah...friends are wat keeps us, helps us in bad times especially, not particularly in monetary but being there physically or lending u their ears.That's what I count as a good friend.
Used to think of a pal as 'my best friend', turns out it was working one way. Decided there n then to chuck the 'best friend' term and put them all in a lump sum of good friends.
See u gals soon... I missed the chats. Ugh!

Monday, 27 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love u too georgeous muuuah

azie tak da kek ke?

Monday, 27 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dah lupa my birthday, u sing and say that I look monkey! Are sure u best friend?
(Azie)

Sunday, 03 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home