Friday, July 08, 2011

For a friend

I've loved you before anyone else could,
way back during our childhood.
my feelings may have been misunderstood,
I mean you no harm and you know I never could.

I felt very threaten by this feeling,
I was scared and pretended like it was nothing,
that's why I went into writing,
to note down what I was really hiding.

I did not deserve you then.. nor do I deserve you now,
You played a role in my life somehow,
feelings set aside.. I've made a vow,
to explain it.. I don't know how.

I move on only because that's all I can do,
I've taken many steps back.. just trying to undo,
I refuse to be a nuisance to you,
so no need to fear me.. I know where I stand too.

Time doesn't really heal the heart,
It will only be rid of when I depart,
I can't stand this feeling of being apart,
when all I hope for was only to be your friend and not your sweetheart.

Your future is what you make of it,
how to live your life and who you choose to be with,
you alone make your destiny the way you see fit,
I'm just someone from your past... nothing else.. that's about it!.

This is just a message I wish to convey,
I'm your friend who still cares for you at the end of the day,
I hope for good things and even love to come your way,
your happiness you must pursue without delay,
so that everyday will be a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home