Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day!!

Every year millions of people from all over the world celebrate this one "special" day, expressing them selves to the one they love. Why cant they express themselves every other day?? Now, there are 365 days in a year and these people choose only one day to show how much they love you! Anyway….Everywhere you turn and look there are some kind of advertisement about Valentines day, every time you turn on the TV or radio they talk about Valentines day, Everything on sale is for Valentines day, Every one you encounter will talk about Valentines day, even people go to mamak stalls and order roti canai “I Love You” the tarik “I Love You” Nasi Lemak ala “I Love You” when the pink bill comes with heart shapes drawn on it …in your heart you are really saying “damm it!! I hate you!”… Honestly!! There is no escaping it.

The one that truly loves you expresses him or herself today! Yea like other days they don’t really care and love you enough… today is the day they UNWILLINGLY spend so much money and buy you stuff that cost 30% or maybe 50% more then normal days.. stuff you don’t really need and stuff that is only useful to collect dust … they buy you all these coz everyone else is doing it and they need to do it too.. to make that special someone feel secure, special and loved! I think its stupid that some people spend a lot of money buying cards, flowers, chocolates, gifts and taking you out for expensive dinners just to show you how much they appreciate *remembered it’s valentines day* and love you.

Worst still some people are so competitive *especially girls sorry to say.. but you know it’s true* I know some girls get jealous when their friend receive bigger bouquet of flowers, jewelries and all kinds of fancy gifts from their boyfriends.. and some are very proud when they get all that… they think that everybody else’s boyfriend are cheap! Some girls expect too much *my sympathy goes out to all you guys* some even get into fights or big arguments when the guy is not sentimental or romantic enough, or forget to buy them something worth showing off.... aww come on!! Give them a break… they are just men!!

I personally don’t celebrate Valentines day, I never once did… at one time I actually wanted to know what its like.. but then when I think about it.. it has no significance at all. When I was in my previous company RSM my colleague receive flowers from her boyfriend on valentines day and there was a card attached to it saying “You are like a beautiful red rose.. This is how much your love means to me… Love always” awww so sweetttttt…. She left it in the office… everyday she would look at it and smile.. talk about how great her boyfriend is and all that… well it annoyed almost everyone … anyhow, few days later the flower dies and it’s in the trash can… hmm ok.. I think to myself… “Obviously.. his love didn’t last that long ..heheh ” the rose was beautiful when it was alive… but its dead now.. it’s dry, everything is falling apart, smelly, brown and ugly. How can anyone compare a person to that! Is he trying to tell her that’s what will happen to her over the years?? Hehheh I hope not!! Or else he will be in deep shit!... Does that rose mean beauty of the person or beauty of life?? hmmm if so.. the beauty of a person wont last, neither will their relationship or their life. Well nothing last forever, we all know that… some of us don’t believe that or are in denial.. nobody cares! What last is that very moment in time… what last is your memory.. but I wouldn’t quote that when I reach 70 years old of coz.. I might not remember!

Anyway I would rather say “I love you” to the one I love everyday … Sharing my life and treating him with respect, staying faithful and loyal to him, letting him know how much I appreciate and grateful to have him in my life every now and then.. making every single day a memorable one to cherish for a life time that’s what I would rather do! I want him to be my reason for limping… I mean reason for living…heheheh!

Ok we all know I don’t want roses or any kind of flower to have any significance to how much some one loves me.. it’s the thought that counts..

boyfriend> *comes with a bouquet of roses and says* “This is what my love means to you” *smiles*
Marie> *looks at the flowers* “what the F%#@!??” *wacks boyfriend up with the flowers*
Boyfriend> *comes back with a box of chocolate* “These are for you.. this is what my love means to you” *smiles with thorns and flower petals all over his body*
Marie> *smiles* “oOo for me??” *takes one and eats it* “wtf so bitter??” *accidentally took the dark chocolate* “why you no good son of a B%#@!” *punch his teeth out*

I definitely don’t need any gifts…hmmm

Boyfriend> *walks towards me… smiling with no teeth and carrying a gift* “Here.. a Teddy bear for you my love” *hands trembling*
Marie> *looks at the gift … looks at boyfriend* “aww aaachooooo” *grins*
Boyfriend> *panics*
Marie> *Kicks his balls*

So what I’m saying is… everything else doesn’t matter… valentines day?? Screw it! .. what’s important is you communicate and express yourself well with your love one and enjoy the pleasures of life together... minus the violence of coz...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally another woman who thinks like me .....yeap yeap yeap....i totally agreed...

'dried flower bouquet' is a good idea rather than kill fresh ones-cheaper more decorative - can be revitalised with a can of hair spray...last as long as u care for it....

my best 2 valentines gifts todate 'hey babe didnt hv much cash with me bought McD and we can have dinner while watching Star Trek wit the left over wine'.....lol he won my heart, and another guy gave me 2CD with great songs that was picked by himself....2 end of the spectrum 2 different man....i can die in peace...hehehehe

Thursday, 15 February, 2007  
Blogger marie said...

heh! right on sparks...

Thursday, 15 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home