Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Birthday!

I just turned 29 years old today… nothing special about it, well at least that’s what I thought!..

The 1st person to wish me was Kevin… he called me at 12 midnight just to wish me. I was sleeping and I had a bad migraine for the past 2 days… Anyway we talked for about 30 minutes.. he went on about his tattoo and some other things which I cant remember because I was too tired and I wanted to sleep so that I don’t end up waking up in the morning still having a migraine. As soon as I got off the phone with him.. I received an sms from Azie... then later part of the day i received more sms from Annie, Vadai, beemboy and my brother… I didn’t have any credits so I didn’t reply the sms until later today.. oo and i had a call from Kalai too... so unexpected!

I woke up and went to work as usual.. thinking that its just another day ... As I walked into the school all the teachers gave me big hugs, kisses and wished me Happy Birthday. During music period, the whole school sang for me *aww so sweet* and through out the day.. I had birthday wishes from all the students and some of the parents too. Which was very nice coz it really made my day. I was conducting my class and one of my students from London who is only temporary here for 1 month came up to me and started a conversation….

Jett: *british accent* Aunty!! Is it really your birthday?.
Marie: Yes it is!
Jett: *british accent* But where is your cake?
Marie: I’ll buy 1 tomorrow.
Jett: *british accent* But your birthday is today
Marie: Yes but I was too busy to go and buy a cake today.. I’ll bring one tomorrow ok!
Jett: *british accent* ahh thats lovely... will you share it with me?
Marie: Of coz.. the whole school can have some too...
Jett: *british accent* Aunty…. How old are you now?
Marie: I’m 29 years old
Jett: *british accent* Wow…. You’re really old!
Marie: Yes, I know
Jett: *british accent* Aunty!!
Marie: Yes Jett?
Jett: *british accent* I don’t want you to die!!
Marie: What made you think that I was going to die?
Jett: *british accent* well my dad said sometimes people grow old and they die…
Marie: I’m not that old Jett, don’t worry I wont die, I’ll still be here tomorrow and the day after that and many more years to come… ok?
Jett: *british accent* ahh great!! Then I can get you a present tomorrow…
Marie: so sweet of you… Thanks!

Heheh.. children these days… they get the impression that once you get older it means your 1 step closer to the grave..hheeheh.. so cute!

The teachers made a collection… they asked me what I wanted so I requested for an oven toaster… Great!.. now I can toast stuff.. *toast anything and everything she can think of* Jamie and Jessica will enjoy my gift more then me … since they making bread pizza, in fact they are the ones responsible for breaking the last toaster I had and the one before that too!. I shared my birthday with another teacher, she decided to give a lunch treat today and I’ve decided to do mine on Monday. My mother decided to sponsor the lunch and cook a few dishes.

My day went on rather well, I had a salary increment and I’m very happy about it… now I have more money to spend! Heh yea rite… All my money are for my bills and credit card *rolls her eyes* . Anyway, after school I came home chat online with Kasey for a while and to my surprise the whole channel knew it was my birthday… wow I must be very popular! It was nice and I had a fun time online. I went for my therapy session with Riz, had some new programs reviewed but luckily he didn’t throw any tantrums today… everything went well. I didn’t do anything special at home, no cake, no favorite food or any surprise guess waiting for me… in fact it was just a normal day.

Azie and Basil is taking me out for dinner tomorrow night , I’m not sure where we are going but I was told to get ready at 8pm! *salutes Yes Sir!!*…. Since Vadai and Chris been asking when I’m going to have a party so that they can eat my mothers food, I’ve decided to have it on the 3rd of February… yet to confirm of coz have to see if everyone is free on that day!

Sadly my bf cant join *sob sob*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home