Sunday, July 30, 2006

Holiday

Wow can’t believe my 2 weeks of school holiday is finally over, that was fast! It’s time to pack up my school bag and prepare all the activities to do with the children, and back to my therapy work with Riz.

The past week was exhausting. It wasn’t much of a holiday… I didn’t go sightseeing or laze around the house. Infect I was referred as the Sri Lanka maid by my brother in law. I did all the house keeping, laundry, washing the dishes, cooking, baby sitting… etc. My sister is 7 months pregnant with her 5th child, the whole week I’ve been accompanying her for her check ups every alternate days due to her blood pressure and her legs are swollen.

I had a good time in Malacca, the 1st night I made hamburgers for them. My brother in laws niece and her bf comes over every night to gamble…heheh they would stay up until 3am playing cards. It was nice having them over so I decided to have a BBQ dinner the following night... When I was preparing the grill, my sister had a call from her in laws asking what time is the party so that they can come over… to our surprise we found out that my nephews invited all their cousins to come over as well. We had to tell them that it’s not a BBQ party it’s just a family BBQ dinner and had to call it off. We only marinated whole 2 chicken and it was just not enough to feed a party of 40 ppl!... heheh. Unfortunately my sister’s brother in law and his 5 children had already arrived there, we can’t just ask them to go home. Luckily I made some mash potatoes, steam corn and barbequed everything I could find in the fridge, the sausages, beef and chicken burger patties so that everyone can have a decent share of everything. What a night! I was so tired and smelled like a BBQ chicken. I cleaned up the mess, took a shower, put my niece to bed and fell asleep myself.

It didn’t feel like a holiday, it was just like every other day, I was still up at 6am ironing the children’s uniform’s and preparing their breakfast. My brother in law sends the 3 older ones to school 7am and sends them back in the evening 6pm. I send the youngest one to the kindergarten near by and pick her up when school is over… give her a bath, help her with her homework, watch cartoons, dry and fold the clothes… that’s basically my daily routine.

I’m glad to be back home, but I miss my sister and her children. I miss going out for breakfast just my sister and me. I miss all the hugs and cuddles from my niece and the regular visits to 7 eleven everyday after kindergarten. I miss letting my niece make me buy her all the junk food from 7 eleven. 1 week of spoiling them is enough I guess.

It’s back to school tomorrow. I haven’t unpack yet… I’m so tired and too lazy to do anything else, But sleep!....

1 Comments:

Blogger filipelamas said...

Congratulations on your blog! Keep up the good work!
Portugal

Sunday, 30 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home