Friday, September 01, 2006

If only I was an open book!

I’ve stressed on this matter before about honesty and trust. So far I have never broken a promise and if I have I hope to make it up some day. Right now I am as confused as ever, I feel like I’m hanging by a thread and anytime soon it’s going to snap and here I am still hanging and wondering “is there anyone down there to catch me if I fall?” who is going to take that responsibility and assure me that everything will be ok?. And if I fall will he cushion my fall or take a step back and watch me fall.. well that could happen considering that the average man will not take the risk of getting squashed by a falling over weight woman.

Anyway, I realized over the years that no one really stood up for me before. I always fought my own battles. I figures if there were anyone who really cared about me I wouldn’t have gone through this life alone. I never knew where I stand in any relationship except when I was proposed only then I knew that I was about to be some ones fiancé… well that was many years ago.. I’m no ones fiancé now! Other then that everyone else practically disappeared from my life. I questioned myself where I stood in their life. Gosh! It’s not like I want some kind of commitment, I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t get the wrong idea about the friendship. I don’t like giving people the wrong impression or getting the wrong impression myself. It’s best to know what kind of relationship we are in to avoid any confusion. I guess this approach is often misunderstood I don’t blame them for thinking so. I am the sort that will hang on to a relationship, I’m serious person and honest, mainly because I respect the person I’m with… I have no intentions to offend or disrespect them in anyway. I can’t expect anyone to do the same for me… but I would appreciate if they considered it though. I know there are consequences of taking this approach, there is that embarrassing moment, “perasan”, or maybe even disappointments but at least you know the out come of it. It’s better to sure. There is nothing wrong by saying I like you or I care about you... as a friend.. if it was me I would appreciate that person and respect them for saying that to me....

If I was an open book, I would like people to read about me, get to know and understand me better. Same goes for me also, I would like to know all about the people close to me, it’s not like I want to be nosy or anything like that but because I care and I would like to share as much as I can with them. I know not everybody is as open and want people to know everything about them and I respect that. I guess having a blog is pretty much like writing a book. Something we can share and some things we cant… and I cant include all the juicy parts. Other wise this blog would be rated 18sg.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's often misunderstood. some people just dont know what they want from the relationship they are in.

Saturday, 02 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie,

Did you received my friendster invitation mail?


P/S:View my blog "Don't give up".

Saturday, 02 September, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

yes i have adeline i even tot of signing up for friendster... but it's too open la...

Saturday, 02 September, 2006  
Blogger darthvadai said...

time to move on fren

Sunday, 03 September, 2006  
Blogger marie said...

not about moving on vadai... this is what ppl go through getting started...heheeh

Sunday, 03 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too open? Not really...

You just put your hobbies, favourite music and movie... favourite stuff like that. Some you can put nil too.

You can put other photo instead of your photo. No problem. Many people do that.

Hope to see you there soon :)

Monday, 04 September, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel for u Marie - i know exactly what you are saying. But sadly ppl are afraid of the truth - truth being sincerity and honest. see ours is strength of knowing what we are and how we can be and being able to describe it clearly - for many that is a threat.Look around the pink slippers with paris hilton wanna be are a hit coz its easy for 'touch n go'. Ppl like us are seen too serious when in actual we are not - we just dun want to be hurt or hurt another in the process. we want to set the stage and know whats expected of each other. The 'lets wait and see what happens' is a victim cycle many think is so cool and so smart its about not taking responsibility.

Tuesday, 05 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home