Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chef Marie Olive Oil... errr???

My cooking skills seem to have improved ever since I got married... I was from someone who totally depended on my mother to cook dinner for me, order take out when ever I'm hungry and frequent diner at a fast food restaurant on weekends .... I have transformed myself to someone who actually cooks! and if I can do it... trust me anyone can!

  • The first step is... Get to know your kitchen! get the utensils ready before you start cooking.
  • Plan your meals or create a menu.
  • Prepare the ingredients... avoid buying canned foods... go for fresh meat and vegetables.
  • You need at least 50 grams of protein in every meal... and as much vegetables as you like.
  • Always taste your food before serving... that way you can correct it if in case its too salty or tasteless.
I mastered those helpful tips... heheh I know my kitchen very well now and it takes 30-45 minutes to prepare a delicious 3 course meal for 3 people. It's not impossible once you get the hang of it...

I use to hate cooking because I don't like touching raw meat, I cant stand the smell of garlic and onions on my fingers.... I hate it when the hot oil sizzles and mess up the stove... and the cleaning up after cooking is not something I like to do. But now I enjoy cooking, It's fun! I don't mind touching raw meat or cleaning a fish coz I know once I'm done cooking it.. It's going to taste great! My mom likes my cooking but she prefer my sisters cooking... yea.. sure... whatever...

I have adapted to a healthy lifestyle. I buy fresh meat and vegetables from the supermarket/market 3 times a week. Eat lots of vegetables (cooked and raw), use olive oil to cook everything. Eat 5 times a day or every 3 hours (I'm still trying to do that.. due to work... I don't have time to eat sometimes .. I'm working on that). I don't mind preparing 5 meals a day, it may sound like it's a lot and time consuming... but actually it's not. It's a perfect healthy and simple meal.

Breakfast-Chicken sandwich
2 slices of wheat bread coated with vegetarian mayonaise, 1 slice cheese, salad, cucumber, tomatoes and 2 slices of Farm fresh sandwich chicken meat.


Snack- Lebanese wrap
Lebanese bread, coated with chili/ketchup, sliced tomatoes, cabbage, 1 slice cheese and 2 sausage. Toast for 4 minutes.


Lunch- Chicken Fillet
chicken breast meat sliced (into strips) and mixed with 1 egg, salt, black pepper, red chili powder and add bread crumbs. Deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown. Then serve with salad, carrot sticks and cucumber.

Snack- Mix Salad
2 ripe tomatoes (chopped), lemon juice, salt, pepper, balsamic viniger, salad, sliced cucumber, corn, kidney beans (can), shredded mango and prawn meat fried in butter

Dinner- Beef Steak
1 slice of beef 100 grams, marinate with whole grain mustard, lemon zest, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt, pepper, dark soya sauce, coriander leaves (chopped). Add olive oil into a non-stick pan cook for 3 minutes on each side... add sliced onions and cook for another 2 minutes until meat is cooked. Serve with Sliced tomatoes, Steamed broccoli, chick peas (kacang kuda) and green peas.

or

Dinner- Chicken
1 Chicken breast marinate with black pepper, salt, dry chili powder, mustard, dark soya sauce, light soya sauce, blend garlic. Cook it in olive oil until nicely cooked then remove chicken meat from the pan and put in some dice green/yellow capsicums and dice onions. Serve it with steamed corn and garlic bread.

thats just for 1 day... different recipes everyday. Eat every 3 hours... if you think that its a heavy meal.. then just go for a bowl of fresh garden salad... or fruits... Easy rite? try it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home